Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

I have been blessed by God. My cousin and her family are staying with me for the holidays, and last night she made us all dinner. We had Mom and Dad come down (all three houses down the street :)), and it was beautiful. I have had birthdays parties and such, but never a house guest like this.

I looked out the kitchen door at everyone in the living room talking and laughing and sharing stories, holding babies, the generations of sons and daughters. The family of it all. The uniting force. The ribbon of love that holds us together. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. And it was in my home. I have seen it many times in my mother's home, and it is always so beautiful. I thought one day I might get a piece of it. God gives us our desires, large and small.

It is very humbling to be loved by a living God.

To God be the praise and the glory.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I hope you each have a blessed day.

Love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment