Sunday, November 13, 2011

Balm of Gilead

1 Peter 4:1-13, Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you: But rejoice inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that when his glory shall be reavealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

I asked for it. I prayed over and over again for an EXTRAORDINARY life in Christ. I want EVERYTHING I have and am to bring Him glory. I do rejoice that God, my God, would tend to me. That He would mold me, and make me, and hear me. I do rejoice in my sorrows for I am certain that He is making me something beautiful. I rejoice that He would, and that He is. I rejoice that others may see His power and glory. It isn't for me. It's for Him. We do tend to get caught up and think it is for us, for our ease and comfort, but it is for HIM. It is our chance to point to Him in front of a world of others and say, "See what my Daddy can do. See the glory and power of God Almighty."

He is awesome and wonderful and beautiful. I long to see His face. And He is showing me, but His majesty is so much, that the frailness of my human being couldn't take it all in right now, so He shows me a little bit at a time. He reveals Himself to me. And I am amazed and excited to see Him. He does answer our prayers. He does hear us, face down, heart broken. He hears us arms raised, face to Him, smiling and laughing through the tears. Oh the cleansing. Oh the salve that He would apply to us, to the broken, to all the cracks and crevices, dings and dents that we carry with us, some so deep, so dark, so hidden only He can soothe them. Oh, balm of Gilead, oh Promise to me. Oh Savior divine.

What He is doing for me, He wants to do for you. Pray, faith believing. Hear Him. Answer Him. Step out of this world and into His world.

I want more. More and more of my God. More and more.

Love, B

No comments:

Post a Comment